An empty battery can be a result of many things. In our experience is often one of the following:
- User forgot to turn the Main Power Switch OFF when leaving the boat.
- The battery is worn out.
- A bilge pump is not operating properly and is running more than it should.
Whatever the reason is we recommend to investigate. It will most likely occur again if not sorted out.
If the battery is accessible it's easy. Connect an appropriate charger. Remember to follow the manufactures manual!
Battery not accessible
A large number of Goldfish boats have the battery(batteries) placed in the enigne compartment. If the battery is completly without power you wont be able to open the engine lid.
Follow this procedure:
- Locate the emergency poles in the cabin. (Picture).
- Connect a source of 12V power. (Booster or similar).
- Open the engine lid according to normal procedure.
- Move the source of power to the battery poles.
- Start the engine.
Remember to always follow the manual from the manufacturer of your power source.
NB!! DO NOT START THE ENGINE WHEN THE BOOSTER CONNECTED TO THE EMERGENCY POLES IN THE CABIN!!!
PICTURES: showing the emergency poles in a 29 Sport (2016).